Program Manager - StoveTeam International
Closing: Open until Filled
StoveTeam International is a nonprofit organization based in Eugene, Oregon that works to promote the local production of fuel-efficient cookstoves to replace dangerous open fires in the developing world.
Since 2008, StoveTeam has worked with entrepreneurs in Mexico and Central America to create self-sustaining cookstove factories. These factories have produced and sold more than 56,000 affordable, fuel-efficient cookstoves, improving the lives of close to half a million people. Currently, there are six factories in five countries. StoveTeam is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Program Manager. The Program Manager is a full-time position working both locally and abroad to manage, implement and evaluate StoveTeam’s programmatic strategies and impact in Latin America.
Job responsibilities include:
Program Development and Oversight
1. Support the planning, development, and growth of StoveTeam’s programs and activities.
2. Ensure proper and effective management of multiple international project activities, including stove distribution, marketing and awareness, research and evaluation, and factory development.
3. Develop and manage project budgets, ensuring transparency and accountability to funders and supporters.
4. Liaise with international partners, community members and groups, stove advocacy organizations, etc.
5. Develop new partnerships with an eye towards advancing StoveTeam’s programs and mission.
1. Monitor program activities on a regular basis.
2. Evaluate program delivery and report findings.
3. Maintain project records/receipts and account for/reconcile project expenditures.
4. Provide strategic input for program improvement and recommend changes to enhance the program, as appropriate.
5. Develop, maintain and cultivate relationships with local and international partners.
6. Draft all materials required for grant reporting.
1. Faciliate internaitonal projects logistics, including scheduling, accomodations, transportation, translatione, etc.
2. Maintain effective communication between StoveTeam and its partners.
3. Represent StoveTeam’s programs and point of view to agencies, organizations,and the general public.
4. Cultivate relationships both locally and internationally and collaborate on projects that advance StoveTeam’s mission.
5. Contribute to StoveTeam’s communications efforts via social media, website, and the organization’s monthly newsletter.
6. Assist in writing grant proposals and fundraising requests to advance programmatic objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum three-five years working in international development.
- Professional (and current) fluency in Spanish and English.
- Cultural sensitivity and experience working with diverse groups.
- Professional and outgoing demeanor.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, time management and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize under pressure.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Passion for the mission of StoveTeam International.
- Ability to travel internationally 25-35% of the year.
- Master’s Degree in International Development or related field.
- Previous professional experience managing and implementing projects.
- Experience living/working/volunteering in Latin America.
- Experience working with indigenous populations.
- Knowledge in the field of fuel-efficient cookstoves.
The position is based in Eugene, Oregon. Salary is commensurate with experience. To apply, please email a cover letter and resume of relevant experience (with “Program Manager” in the subject line) to Katie Laughlin at Katie(at)stoveteam.org. No phone calls please.
The deadline for applications is March 30, 2017.
To learn more about StoveTeam’s work, please visit http://www.stoveteam.org.