ICIMOD Mountain Prize 2018
The International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD) announces its first annual Mountain Prize, to be awarded to an individual or organization in recognition of their significant efforts to advance the mountain cause in the Hindu Kush Himalayan (HKH) region through innovations in their different capacities.
The ICIMOD Mountain Prize will be awarded to an individual, organization, or private sector entity based in the HKH region or beyond, which has demonstrated outstanding efforts enabling sustainable and resilient mountain development in the HKH region to benefit the environment as well as communities—particularly the poor, the youth, and women. While we would like to particularly acknowledge the efforts of individuals and organizations that have worked in line with ICIMOD’s mandate, this is not a pre-condition for the award.
Nominations will be accepted for those individuals, organizations, or companies that have brought about transformative change in the HKH.
The ICIMOD Mountain Prize amount has been set at USD 5,000.
- access to water for drinking and other productive purposes or/and sanitation,
- sustainable production systems for food/nutrition security and income,
- climate change adaptation or/and disaster risk reduction,
- access to cleaner energy,
- information and communication technologies for development (ICT4D),
- promotion of economic/income generating opportunity or/and investment,
- policy advocacy, and
- mountain ecosystems/biodiversity management.