Workshop on Cookstove Distribution, Thursday, April 10 in Accra, Ghana
You are invited to attend a workshop to discuss critical success factors for improved cookstove distribution from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM on Thursday, April 10 at the Best Western Premier Accra Airport Hotel, Quartey Papafio Avenue in Accra, Ghana.
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation and the Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves commissioned a study conducted by Practical Action Consulting (PAC) to examine lessons from different cookstove distribution models around the world and to explore a number of innovative distribution chains which the clean cooking sector could learn from.
The success of different types of distribution models reveal that one ideal model does not exist, but rather that different approaches can lead to the adoption of clean cooking solutions at scale. Past experiences also show that whether the initiative is led by a non-governmental organization (NGO), a multinational company, or a local entrepreneur, the engagement of local market actors, communities, and associations is vital to achieve scale.
This workshop will allow the Alliance, SNV, and PAC to share the preliminary findings of the study with a variety of sector stakeholders and distribution experts to gather input and insights which will be integrated into the final report and recommendations.
The objectives of the workshop include:
• Participants gain a better understanding of different distribution models and elements for success in the cookstove sector and in other Base of the Pyramid (BoP) markets;
• Participants identify gaps and lessons that should be integrated into the final recommendations and report;
• Worldwide lessons on the elements of successful cookstove distribution mechanisms are shared;
• Main barriers and opportunities for distribution of products at the BoP are identified; and
• Intervention ideas for enabling the scale up of effective distribution methods are generated.
This workshop will take place during a broader series of events hosted by the Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves in Accra. For more information on the series of events, please visit - http://www.cleancookstoves.org/media-and-events/events/save-the-date-ghana-national.html
Please RSVP by April 1 to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are unable to attend, but would like more information on the study, please email us at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.