ETHOS Conference 2014
Engineers in Technical and Humanitarian Opportunities of Service - The 2014 ETHOS Conference will be held in Kirkland, Washington from Friday, January 24 to Sunday, January 26, 2014. The conference aims to expand its reach from previous annual meetings, encouraging participation of Southern partners, international stoves experts, and development specialists with field experience in the transfer of cooking technologies.
- Lab research, including: insulative materials, efficiency testing, emissions monitoring, safety updates and design issues, gasifier advances, hayboxes/insulative cookers, solar cookers.
- Field experience, including monitoring of: performance, indoor air pollution exposure, health impacts, user satisfaction, time and socio-economic impacts; awareness raising; stove promotion; involvement of volunteers and local universities; lessons and modification to approaches.
- Efficiency versus effectiveness, and resulting design implications.
- Technology standards: key parameters, constraints.
- Policy issues: role of U.S. partnerships and international donors, country-level leadership, subsidies versus commercialization.
- Researchers, scholars, scientists
- Governmental and non-governmental organizations
- Policy makers
- Other interested parties from various Northern and Southern organizations/institutions
We especially encourage participation in this conference by Southern parties