ECOWAS Sustainable Energy Policy and Investment High Level Forum
Country: Côte d'Ivoire
The ECOWAS Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (ECREEE), the African Development Bank (AfDB), the CTI Private Financing Advisory Network (CTI-PFAN), the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), and the German Technical Cooperation (GIZ) are jointly organizing the ECOWAS Sustainable Energy Policy and Investment High Level Forum from 14th to 18th September 2015 in Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire. The event is supported by the Spanish Agency for international Development Cooperation (AECID), the Austrian Development Cooperation (ADC), the European Union (EU), the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the Global Environmental Facility (GEF).
The Forum will feature:
- Investment opportunities arising from the Sustainable Energy Country Action Plans (National Renewable Energy Action Plans (NREAPs), National Energy Efficiency Action Plans (NEEAPs), and Sustainable Energy For All (SE4ALL) Action Agendas) of the ECOWAS Member States
- Multi-Stakeholder dialogue on ways to mobilize funds for the implementation of Sustainable Energy Country Action Plans
- Showcasing of ongoing Auctions/Call For Proposals and Feed-in-Tariffs (FiTs) Opportunities
- Showcasing of public and private sector financing instruments for project implementation
- Investment pitch presentations from Finalists of the West African Forum for Clean Energy Financing (WAFCEF) II Business Plan Competition and Award Ceremony
- Launch of the ECOWAS SE4ALL Network
- Launch of the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) Project and Financial Navigator in West Africa
The Forum will bring together top-level policy and decision makers, project promoters, investors and international partners to meet, discuss and explore relevant inter-linkages between enabling environment and project development and identify concrete investment opportunities. It will facilitate match-making for investment ready projects as well as feature the state-of-the-art in the Sustainable Energy Country Action Plans development process in the West African region. Furthermore, the Forum will provide a veritable platform for stakeholder dialogues on the required next steps to mitigate existing barriers to sustainable energy investments in the ECOWAS region.
For more information, please visit the event website www.ecreee.org