SEED Africa Symposium 2015
The SEED Africa Symposium is taking place on 9-10 September 2015 in Nairobi, Kenya and will focus on the theme “Building Bridges for Impact: Green and Inclusive Growth through Entrepreneurship.”
Key overarching questions addressed during the Symposium will include:
- What are today’s green and social innovations and what are emerging trends?
- What is the role of eco-entrepreneurship in the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals and Post-2015 agenda?
- How can interested organisations work together to develop frameworks that foster the take-off and long-term viability of social and eco-enterprises?
- How can South-South linkages be strengthened to support the replication of social and eco-enterprises and increase their impact?
The program will have five focus areas:
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Finance and Support
- Inclusive Value Chains
- South-South Exchange
SEED is honored to welcome Prof. Judi W. Wakhungu, the Cabinet Secretary of the Ministry of Environment, Water and Natural Resources, Kenya for the opening keynote address.
Kenya is committed to a low-carbon and resource efficient development pathway, and has adopted a number of green ecomony-related policies which highlight the role of the private sector. Prof. Judi W. Wakhungu will share Kenya’s approach and vision in achieving Inclusive and Green Growth and her perspective on the contribution of social and green entrepreneurship.
Join SEED for two inspirational days of collaboration towards the promotion of a green and inclusive economy.