Impact assessment is a key component of monitoring and evaluation of clean cookstove and fuels programs needed to truly evaluate progress and measure the impact of the sector’s work. The Alliance has worked with many partners to develop valuable impact assessment tools over the years and continues to do so to provide an important service and resource to the sector.
Impact assessment is important because it enables enterprises, entrepreneurs, researchers, donors, practitioners and other key stakeholders to:
- Measure the impact of ongoing programs and implementation efforts
- Increase effectiveness of outcomes and accountability of cookstove programs and policies
- Inform program design and research priorities
- Enable data driven decision-making and build the evidence base
- Identify evidence-based strategies and recommendations to promote clean and efficient cooking solutions
- Enhance lessons learned
- Provide answers to key questions like:
- To what extent did the program/policy cause outcomes to occur?
- To what extent can the program/policy benefits be attributed to the program/policy?
Given the value of impact assessment to the Alliance’s mission and to the goals of its partners, the Alliance has created a guide showcasing a collection of tools and resources with instructions for how to use them and learn how to appropriately apply them.
This guide is intended to provide a “one stop shop” for Alliance partners and others working in the clean cooking sector. The thematic navigation and structure, organized by impact area, provides an easy way for users to find a tool or resource that works for them and learn more about how to use it. Each tool that the Alliance directly supported is accompanied by an overview of its general purpose and who should use the it. For tools and resources developed by external sources, brief descriptions are accompanied by a link for direct access.
The guide is expected to grow as more tools and resources for assessing impact are developed and/or identified. All suggestions and recommendations for resources to be included are most welcome. Please send suggestions to email@example.com.