The Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves has several core principles which infuse its work to spur adoption of clean cooking solutions:
- The primacy of a market-based approach (without directly selling stoves or fuels) to reach and sustain scale, while also ensuring that vulnerable populations have access to clean cooking solutions;
- A focus on high-quality approaches that can be brought to scale;
- A commitment to technology and fuel neutrality, while gradually driving solutions and markets toward advanced and clean options;
- A recognition of the importance of building on the ongoing work, knowledge, and expertise of our sector partners;
- The importance of bringing new partners, donors, and investors to the table;
- A focus on the needs of the consumer and the role of women in driving adoption and scale;
- The inclusion of metrics and evaluation as a key tenet of the Alliance’s approach.